Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

What behavior managment system do you use?


This time of year I'm always looking at my classroom management and anticipating the "spring fever" that will hit my first graders pretty soon. I have been using class dojo since the 1st day of school, but have recently slacked off on it (snow days, testing, illness) and have decided to really focus on using it again!

What I love most about Class Dojo is that it is FREE! 
The website has a great tutorial and makes classroom management fun! There is also an APP for it for Apple and Android that is also free. If you're unfamiliar with it, it gives each student an avatar and you can award points (and take them away) for their behavior. Parent reports are available and it's a great way to track you student’s behavior.   I use the app, on my phone, when we are places outside of the classroom.  I then let my students “trade” in their points for classroom rewards (things like; extra computer time, no homework pass, sit next to a friend….etc).  I try to keep the rewards things that are FREE!   My students love it and I have nothing but positive feedback from parents.  If you haven’t looked at class dojo, I recommend checking it out!   Also, search for it on Pinterest and you will find a ton of resources!   
 

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Can't wait to check it out!

    Thanks for hosting this link up! Looks great. This is my first time visiting your blog, can't wait to check out more of it!

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete